I was inspired today by a shared post on Facebook, recommending the video you will find below. Inspired enough to reshare it and also to make this declaration. I hope that any and all readers may find this useful.
A Declaration of Personal Independence and Integrity
I am human.
I am an individual.
For as long as I can, and for as long as it is within my power and capability to do so…
– I will be myself.
– I will make my own decisions.
– I will decide what is right and what is wrong.
– I will decide what is truth and what is false.
– I will not conform to some pattern that the society I live in would set for me.
– I will not stand silent while evil is carried out by others in my name.
– I will speak up for justice where injustice is done.
– I will call out those who are perpetrating harm, lies, mischief and anything that is not good in the world. No matter who they are.
– I will maintain my integrity by speaking the truth as I see it.
– I will maintain my personal independence.
– I will be a person, not a sheeple.
– I will be alert.
– I will be strong.
– I will be free.
…and that is what this video is all about. Try it. You may begin to see the world – your world – your self, a little differently.
I recently published a post that was basically just a share of a YouTube video from Paul Joseph Watson on the Trump immigrant ban. I almost took that post down once or twice, not for the occasional profanity (if you can’t get past a few swear words then you need to get out more), but a) because I didn’t agree with some of what was said (or at least how it came across to me – my understanding of it) and b) because I just didn’t understand what he was saying (which may just be due to my removing myself from the presence and influence of modern cultural norms as much as possible).
I didn’t remove the post, obviously, since it served (more or less) to make a point. Or points. Even if I didn’t agree with or understand some of the points made. It generally gave the impression that I wanted to pass on.
I could say much the same thing about this share, Which is actually of much greater importance than almost anything related to Trump:
Western culture is sinking into depravity and degradation and has been for the last few decades but more noticeably during this century. It is a one-way trip, and the further it goes and the faster it travels, the harder it will be to jump off and personally regain some sense of reality and purpose. I can’t say what the end will be like but it won’t be pretty or pleasant.
I personally jumped ship several years ago, which is probably why I have little understanding of the finer points of modern popular culture. It is though, very clear from the outside, just what is happening to society headed for self-absorbed destruction.